Virtual Tour - What was it like to be at a fire lookout in 1935?
Click on the site name listed below to retrieve an interactive panoramic view from which you can zoom in or out and look in any direction. The unique perspective provided in these virtual reality files comes from the photos taken at their respective sites the original images are identical, only the presentation differs. Keep in mind that these files are large (~255Kb) and download time will depend upon your internet connection.
- Mount Brown A lookout in the McDonald Drainage, above Lake McDonald.
- Crosley Ridge (also known as Bear Mtn Point) A lookout in the Belly River Drainage, above Cosley Lake.
- Cyclone Peak A lookout in the North Fork Flathead River Drainage, in Flathead National Forest above Cyclone Lake.
- Bench Mark A lookout in the North Fork Flathead River Drainage, in Flathead National Forest east of Polebridge.
- Curly Bear A lookout in the St. Mary Drainage, above St. Mary Lake.
- Goat Haunt A lookout in the Waterton River Drainage, above Waterton Lake.
- Swiftcurrent Mountain A lookout along the Continental Divide in the center of the park.
- Looking Glass A lookout southeast of the park on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation.
You'll need the free software QuickTime to view these QuickTimeVR images.